Free download: English listening material. Title: Confirming a Hotel Booking; audio: mp3, transcript: doc files, type: dialogues/conversation, intended to use for Indonesian students (SMP/SMA).
Situation : a telephone conversation between a hotel receptionist and a person trying to make a booking. The line is bad but the receptionist has the telephone skills to deal with this problem.
CONFIRMING A HOTEL BOOKING
Receptionist : Good afternoon, Orion Hotel, how may I help you?
Customer : I’m ringing to confirm a booking I made a week ago. I was expecting an email but I haven’t receivedanything.
Receptionist : I’m sorry the line is rather bad, would you mind repeating that, please?
Customer : Yes, I made a reservation on your website under the name of Coutts. George Coutts.
Receptionist : Could you spell your surname for me, please?
Customer : Yes, that’s C-O-U-T-T-S
Receptionist : And when was the reservation for?
Customer : July 23rd to the 29th
Receptionist : Sorry, did you say the 21st ?
Customer : No, the 23rd
Receptionist : Let me just check if we have your details on the system. Ah… yes, here we are.
Customer : I put down one double and one single room, but I wonder if I could change that.
Receptionist : I’m terribly sorry I didn’t quite catch that. Would you mind speaking up a little?
Customer : Yes, I wanted to change the number of rooms. Is it possible to have two doubles instead of a singleand a double?
- Listening Audio and Transcript: Hope, Expectation for New Indonesian Leader
- Listening Audio and Transcript: “The Sleeping Beauty”
- Download: Listening (Audio and Transcript) UN 2013 – SMK
- Download: Listening (Audio and Transcript) UN 2013 – SMA/MA
- Listening Material: Tourist Information
- Listening (Audio and Transcript): Confirming a Hotel Booking
- Modules for Teaching English Language Skills
- Modules for Teaching English
- Listening Material: Doc Holliday (A Legend in Tombstone)
- Listening Material: “Booking a Table at a Restaurant”